Sunday, January 2, 2011

This is Where the Magic Happens! pictures from december's writing retreat


This is where the magic happens! New Camoldoli is the location of the annual silent writing retreat that I go on. This long weekend is one of the most transformative, juicy, inspiring and restorative experiences I have ever had. My writing muse, mentor and prime encourager, Amber Sumrall, leads the retreat and many others. I look forward to this weekend every year. Someday I will be fortunate enough to afford to go on two of her retreats ~ one in the summer and this one.


I am not particularly religious, but "signs" like this abound at the monastery and are comforting in a very natural, non-threatening way.


This was my room this year. I love being in room 9, since I always think of 9 as my lucky number. I was born at 9:36 PM on 12/9 - all the threes involved! Maybe it's 3 that is my lucky number! LOL!

I got a kick out of being in the Immaculate Heart room too. All the other rooms are named after saints.


A sample of the spectacular natural beauty of Big Sur. Truthfully one of the most amazing coastlines on Earth.


This sign on the road to the monastery never fails to make me smile, breathe and slow down. This is always my mantra as I leave the mountain and wind my way back to reality.

Slowly,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment