Because I have not been the nicest person lately.
Because I can not see the trees for the forest. Nor the forest for the trees. (There is truth in both.)
Because it is not just fear itself I fear, but success.
Because I feel the pressure and it makes me turn on my self in an unhealthy, cannibalistic way that is difficult to witness.
For these reasons I need to recognize the grace and good in my life today. Here goes:
1) The Giants won! (My late boss was a fan. Here's to you Bobby Lee!)
2) I am healthy.
3) I have an awesome endocrinologist.
4) I have health insurance.
5) I have an IRA.
6) My children are thriving in school and life.
7) I am able to take some credit for #6.
8) It's supposed to rain tomorrow. I love rain. Today I am grateful for the anticipation of rain. ;-)
9) A specific co-worker who reads and appreciates my poems. And me.
10)My honey loves me even when he has to witness me being cruel to myself. He is patient and kind and for that I am thankful.
11) I am reading a sublime and subtle book that makes me think of my dad - I can't wait to pass it on to him when I am done.
14) My new "too expensive" tee-shirts. Super comfy, high-quality and I feel good in them.
15) Plans with friends tonight.
16) Reese's are gluten-free.
17) I've seen a mock-up for a cover for my book!!!