Saturday, May 29, 2010

Reading Outloud in Front of a Crowd

Yes it is true! Tonight I will be reading my poetry outloud in front of a room full of strangers - with a few friends and family members thrown in for good measure. Gulp.

Actually, I am not nervous...yet. I loved reading last year and am very much looking forward to reading again this year. I have not yet determined what three poems I will be reading, but am pretty close. I definately wan to read "Yes" since it is better read outloud and it should be fun to do. "Self-potrait as a hummingbird" has been requested - twice - so I am going to include that one for sure. The third one is the one I am not sure about. It's a toss up between "New York, circa 1997" and the one that actually appears in the publication. The thing is I read that one last year. I could probably read all four in the three minutes I have, since my work is so concise. ;-)

alright, now that I'm about three hours away from kickoff and am writing and thinking about it the butterflies are waking...Wish me luck!

Read on!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment