Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Watched Pot Never Boils

Or, you can not stop a volcano from erupting. Opposite ideas, same general emotion. i.e. We really are not in any kind of control no matter what we like to think. So there, Dear Reader, that is a fair introduction to my headspace today.

This past week has been a continuation of the punchy week I wrote about last Sunday. I have not been on top of the blog posting - not at all. I want to whine that "The universe is just not cooperating with me!" in my most annoying small spoiled child voice. Shhh, if you listen closely I bet you can hear me.

It's been an up down and all around week. There was a death in the extended family. A wonderful woman, just 59. It was the ten year anniversary of the death of a dear friend which, in some ways, made me wonder where the time went. Mother's Day is rough - I went to see my mom and I can't help but wonder if she will still be here this time next year. She weighs less than 100 pounds. I don't think she recognizes me anymore.

Blech.

The only way out of this for me is to write - which i have been doing - and sleep, which is what I am going to go do now. No good is going to come from this mood I am in tonight.

Write on, people, while you can,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment