Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rolling with the Punches

Dear Reader,

It's been a while, I know. I have no excuses, no rationale, just a simple apology, I suppose. I have not been writing my daily pages, though I try. For some reason the past couple of weeks have just been rough.

This is not to say that I have not been writing, because I have. I workshopped a couple more poems last week and I spent quite a bit of time researching where to submit which poems next. Of course, this requires an Excel spreadsheet so I can keep track of what I sent where and when I should either hear back or ping the editors. Read: time suck.

I have also been germinating ideas for poems - scrips (new word, just debuted) and scraps here and there. I love the voice recorder on my phone. Very cool for when I have an idea and am driving and can't write it down. The Muse knows I better commit it to something other than my memory if I want to be able to go back to it. (Note to self: Get back to it.)

I need to do a few things like:
- wrap up the whole Artist's Way thing. Tell you all about my final exercises and my take aways from the experience.
- update my "plan" - you know, the thing I like to spend time creating and then promptly deviating from. Story of my life really. Nonesensical - that's how I roll!
- come up with a new tagline for the blog, since I am esentially finito with the Artist's Way and am on Jessica's Winding, Circular, This Way and That Way Path now.
- schedule a time to meet with my photographer friend so we can shoot a very writerly looking portrait of me for the blog. I am thinking black turtleneck and an espresso, with an intellectually pensive look upon mon visage. What do you think?

This is really only a partial list of shiz I need to do. Right now, in this space and time, however, it is all I can do to just roll with the punches. This seems to be what the universe is telling me to do, so I am going with it.

Finding inspiration and creation in the day to day (and writing on...),
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment