Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Hello Dear Reader,

The other day I was overcome, albeit briefly, by the oddest feeling. It took me a while to figure out what it was, but eventually I did.

Contentment.

Yes people, I was actually fully content for a moment.

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

In the spirit of fostering more of that feeling (I admit to kinda liking it) I am instituting "Thankful Thursday"! A day to record and share some of the things I am thankful for, no matter how mundane or airy.

Today I am thankful for a mini-milestone in my meditation practice - I sat for 20 minutes! Not that I am at all attached to how long I mediate for...;-)

Today I am thankful for the sunshine that is hitting my right shoulder as I type. The sliding glass door is open and the sun is warm and I can hear my children playing with Play-doh together. Nicely. They are playing "Top Chef" which also warms my cockles. Whatever those are.

Today I am thankful for the promise of a night out with good girlfriends, a shared meal and a show.

Today I am most thankful for the gift of having summer off to really habituate some positive practices in my life - daily meditation, daily yoga - and the opportunity to recognize the positive benefits these bring me.

Write thankfully,
jess

No comments:

Post a Comment